2 January 2015

What I've been up to : Winter Metallics Beach Photoshoot


So once again, I've been very MIA from my blog recently! I miss writing and sharing my thoughts with you guys, but I'm also really busy with work and college. Today I have a little bit of time to write something up, and so thought I'd share a recent photoshoot I worked on! I was lucky enough to be the makeup artist for an amazing photographer who lives in my local area (Jess Withey) along with the stunning model Iris Fitzgerald. I had an amazing time (even though it was absolutely freezing - beaches in the middle of winter are not great!) but we persevered anyway and got these amazing shots to show for it. It was my first location photoshoot and was really exciting for me as it gave me an insight into what I would really love to do with my career. I love doing the 'pretty everyday' makeup, but this is where my heart lies - I just love editorial style makeup.

I was so grateful to be able to work with this talented duo and it all came together beautifully. Being my first location-shoot, it's something I will never forget. The idea behind the shoot was kind of a glamorous metallic winter shoot; the makeup mimicked this massively as I focused on using metallic shades - we used Mehron Metallic Powder mixing medium to create that gold leaf effect and later on went for a darker smokey eye and dark lips. Makeup brands I used most frequently here were MAC, Urban Decay, Illamasqua and Sleek Cosmetics. Don't forget to check out my makeup page (Makeup by Fern Wortmann) for more looks!

Let me know what you think guys, I'd love to have your feedback!

Fern

2 comments:

Charlotte Sparkle said...

Great photos and best wishes for 2015 from me.

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous work, Fern!! You are very talented.
Carolyn | Blog